Online Safety Newsletters
The Internet is essential in 21st-century life for education, business and social interaction. The many positives of the digital world overwhelmingly outweigh the negatives but children, schools and parents all need to be aware of various online risks. As a part of our computing curriculum, we regularly teach and review the importance of online safety and how we can stay safe when using the internet.
Your help is still needed to prevent children from accessing inappropriate material at home by way of filters and parental controls. Look below at our extensive list of links and resources for Parents/Carers, Teachers and Young People to help you with your child’s online safety at home.
In these guides, we share advice on specific popular games and websites, ways you can ensure online risks to children are minimised at home and useful tips and conversation starters to make online safety a regular conversation topic.
Online Safety Parental Newsletters
- Cross-platform sharing of inappropriate content
- How to prevent Online Bullying
- How to set up parental controls for apps on Android phones
- How to set up parental cotrols for apps on an iPhone
- Online Gaming Guide for Parents
- Online Safety ChromeBook
- Online Safety tips for under 5s
- What Families need to know about Netflix
- What Families need to know about social media and mental health
- What Families need to know about spotting ADs on social media
- What Families need to know about TikTok
- What Families need to know about toddlers and screen time
- What Parents and Carers need to know about YouTube Kids